Skip to main content

March to your beat

Time... It passes by quickly or slowly. It doesn't seem to have a preference either way. It can be a fickle thing, that time. Sometimes doing the opposite of what you desperately need it to do at that very moment. The sun and the moon mark the time... the ticking of the second hand marks the time... the reflection in the mirror as it changes marks the time. What is it about time that makes it so precious? Could it be that it is not altered by any man in the world? There is no one on earth who can boast in his resume that he can control, manipulate or change the passing of time. No amount of money, however great, can alter the scope of time.
Time plays no favorites. It passes at the same speed for each of us regardless of who we are.
What else is about time that makes it so precious?
Could it be that once it's gone, it can never be retrieved? I can attempt to recreate moments of time by planning every detail to be the same as it once was--but that specific day, hour, mood, conversation will always be something past.
Carpe Diem or seize the day is a chant many like to make their mantra and so at some level should we all be inspired by that thought. For once today is gone, time will seal its door on it forever.

The clock, it rushes, worries, pushes ... reminding so many to hurry because your time is almost gone. Everything has a deadline and you only have so much time before it's here.

The clock laughs at, mocks and drags slowly those hearts ache or whose souls can no longer withstand the burden of that moment. Everything else around you flies by at its normal pace, but you, you are reminded of the agony of the clock as it has only ushered out another miserable 1.5 minutes since you last checked.

What is time to you today? Does it rush you? Does it worry you? Does it strike a nerve of pain at its prolonged length?

I have recently been redirected in some of my use of time. For one season seems to have come to an end and another season is just now starting. Time for me is such a steady drum. For me now, the beat has changed.
Yet as time changes, I am comforted in knowing that as long as I follow His leading, whatever my pace and schedule, I will be marching to the beat of the Perfect Drummer.

Listen for your perfect beat today, dear reader and march on.

Jer.29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because of great empathy, Jesus wept

John 11: 32-33&35 "Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, 'Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.' When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in his spirit and greatly troubled. Jesus wept." As I was reading through this chapter and familiar story, I was suddenly struck with the depth of this particular part of the story. Jesus, being God, knew that He was about to raise Lazarus from the dead. Not only that, but a few verses earlier, He even told His disciples what He was about to do. The death of Lazarus was not news to Jesus--nor, in my mind, do I imagine a very troubling thought to Him since He knew what was about to happen. So then, why did He weep? Why was He greatly troubled? Because He saw the deep pain of His friends. His empathy was SO great that even knowing what was about to happen He still wept with His friends. "Fo

Life in a seed

I wasn't a science major but if I understand the very basic reproduction cycle of a plant it goes something like this... An adult tree has these beautiful flowers which bees are attracted to. These bees shake the pollen into the "ovary" of the plant for fertilization. The fertilized plant embryo (with the proper care and nutrition) blossoms into a delicious fruit. Inside that fruit there is a seed, and that seed can be planted into the ground to grow another adult tree. Question... Is there life in the seed? Is the seed valuable of its own accord? Two adults who fell in love and were married. The male adult "pollinated" so to speak, the female adult, thereby creating an embryo. Already equipped with its own little beating heart, this little embryo (whom I believe was 7 or 8 weeks at that moment) grew into a fetus with the proper care and nutrition. At halfway (20 weeks) through the pregnancy, the baby looks like this picture above. She already

I'm Not Losing Me

I had a bad day yesterday. You know the one—a handful of little aggravating circumstances that haven’t seen results yet topped with a new unforeseen unfortunate circumstance and I broke... big, hard sobs that I had to run and stifle lest I terrify my children. My bed was my place of comfort until I could cry no more. God, where are you? My heart cried. Silence I know the right answers, the right Scriptures, the right attitudes; but at that moment I was broken—my shield and sword no longer defending but laid aside next to my crumbled self. Depression’s ugly face taunted me and tempted me to let him hold my hand. This foe whom I hadn’t seen in a long time was here again waiting for me to decide whose side I was really on. God, why won’t you just miraculously fix this growing lists of challenges I’m facing? Haven’t I tithed faithfully and given offerings? Haven’t I prayed, and fought with Scriptures, and served You? Why am I in this spot?! The vision of Peter